Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ice Ice Baby!

Well, I finally had my one-on-one class. Yeah. I wasn't sure whether to scream or cry. Maybe it was because I was tired, or maybe it was because she was talking at an unnaturally fast speed but after class my head hurt like a bitch. I'm not too excited about that class anymore, but I'm going to try and stay optimistic about it...after all, it's only WEEK ONE! It's been snowing like crazy the past day or so which makes for some slippery situations. I haven't completely fallen on my face yet, but I'm pretty sure I've created some new dance moves. I'll have to try 'em out in the clubs and see how it goes. Haha! Speaking of clubs... word on the street is that all the bars are closed until March 1st due the University winter games....oh well... speaking of the winter games... (read below)

So apparently Harbin is hosting the 24th University Winter Games! yay! Which means that college students from all over the world (America, Slovakia, Estonia, Australia etc etc.) are here in Harbin competing in various winter activities. Soooo I'm pretty excited to announce that I bought an ice hockey ticket! It's the U.S. vs Russia (Rocky 4-esque) and it was the LAST 100 kuai ticket!! woo-hoo! I'm in the 5th row so maybe I can catch a tooth for a keepsake or something! Not to go all Hannibal Lector on you or anything....;) I'd love to see the snowboarding competition but it's at a ski resort called Yabuli so I'd have to take a bus (3 hours) or train to get there. :( I'm gonna try and see if I can get a group together and possibly go...but we'll see. I'm pretty pumped for the hockey game tho! :D

This weekend we're all going to see the Harbin Ice Lantern Festival and going to eat hot pot. Should be a pretty exciting time, if I don't freeze to death that is. Our RA here told us that one of the guys' lithium battery in his camera froze while he was there...so I'm guessing it'll be pretty cold, esp being surrounded by ice and all. Hmmm....

Well that's all for now. I'll let you guys know how the weekend and hockey game goes!

Zai Jian!

Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Jealous about getting to see the Ice Festival and the Winter Games, but not so jealous about the whole freezing thing. Don't die, because that would suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm in the 5th row so maybe I can catch a tooth for a keepsake or something"

    As long as you don't catch a puck in the face that's alright by me. :O)

    just remember....follow.the.puck!

    ReplyDelete