Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not so bad...

So I'm sitting in my favorite little coffee shop right out of the west gate from campus. The coffee is a bit on the expensive side, for China at least...but the internet is free and the atmosphere is good. I'm currently listening to "Sexual Healing" and thinking if I should give the Chinese guy to my left a little wink...hmmm. ;) Maybe some other time, seeing as we've already been warned about Russian prostitutes.

I had my first 1 on 2 class today! It wasn't too bad besides coming to the harsh realization that my tones suck horribly. :) yay! My teacher is really nice and the 1 on 2 class work isn't too bad. I have my newspaper reading class in about 20 mins, I'm a little nervous but we'll see how it goes. They can't kill you on the first day!...they save that for day 2.

I had a sorta crappy morning trying to use my computer. My favorite little coffee shop doesn't open til 10 (which I didn't know). I assumed it opened at the ass crack of dawn like everything else in china...so I entered a shady wang ba (internet bar) to find a little old woman behind the desk. I told her I only needed 20 mins which she scoffed at and started talking really fast shaking her head. Finally, she held up two fingers signalling it would be 2 kuai. Whatevs. Then I couldn't figure out how to work the computer and she got mad that she had to help me. Stupid laowai. Oh well. It made me a little upset but then I told myself atleast I don't work in a wangba and I felt a little better. I've heard the dong bei ren (northeastern chinese) have a pretty bad temper...so I guess this is my practice if I ever want to live in NYC. :)

Well, I'm gonna study a little more before my class. Thanks for reading and the comments! I miss you guys!

Zai Jian,

Bu Jie Xi

2 comments:

  1. Once the language pledge takes efffect will this become a chinese blog? If it does, I'll probably stop reading.

    - DuNing

    ReplyDelete